True Gamers Know the PS4 Is The Best
By now I am sure you’ve had a chance to read and digest why Hockey Glory seems to think that “True Gamers Know Xbox One is Best“. Well now it’s my turn. What’s probably even funnier and better than the article itself is the sheer amount of opinions, hate and rage in the comments section. There was even a post of a picture of a guy’s junk. Don’t worry I deleted that one to save you from the visual pain. There’s no doubt in my mind that gamers are some of the most vocal people out there.
Now back to the on going, useless debate about two consoles that aren’t even out yet. Is one better than the other? How the hell should I know. But I can tell you one thing. It’s time for me to weigh in and tell you that so far it’s pretty obvious that True Gamers Know that the PS4 is the BEST. Sorry Hockey Glory but keep your Xbox One. PS4 is the winner for us gamers.
1. The PS4 is more powerful
I am not going to bother going into detail about every little nuance of the specs of ram, DDR, caching. You can read the article from Digital Foundry and here’s a handy chart too.
2. It’s $100 cheaper.
More powerful and $100 bucks cheaper? Count me in.
3. Xbox One talks about great TV integration and an Entertainment Console. Who cares about TV. I’m a gamer.
I don’t give a crap about plugging in my set top box into my gaming machine so I can say aloud “Xbox, TV”. Lame. I already have an HDPVR with my cable provider. How’s it going to work plugged into the Xbox One? Are the guide and PVR options supposed to be compatible? Who knows.
4. Who cares about motion gaming?
Serious question, what gamer uses the Kinect? Other than fitness or dance games, I haven’t seen one compelling reason to use it yet. What about voice commands you say? That can done using a headset mic.
5. The Xbox One should really be called the Xbox 180 for all the Reversals they’ve done.
Let’s go over some of these brilliant ideas:
- Xbox One requires an internet connection and has a mandatory 24 hour online check. If fails, you can’t play games
- No sharing of games that you own other than some confusing digial “family sharing” plan that was never fully detailed or described
- No used games other than some complicated setup of “authorized” retailers. Nothing was fully explained
- Does not come with a headset
- Kinect is required and must be plugged in at all times in order for the XBox One to work
What do they all have in common? Microsoft has reversed on every single one of them after announcing each one with heavy fanfare and justification. Only when faced with massive backlash, aka poor preorder sales, did you they decide to change their minds. Can we really trust them anymore? How likely are they to do another 180 again and change it back?
6. PS4 has better features
There’s probably more but here’s a rundown:
- PSN+ although now required for multiplayer is much better and routinely gives great discounts and free AAA games
- Video upload ability is 15 min vs only 5 min XBox One
- It’s smaller, slearker and has a streamlined look. There’s no huge power brick
- More support for Indie developers
- Netflix and other apps do not require PSN+. For Xbox One, things like uploading videos and Netflix are behind their gold paywall service.
- No past hardware or quality control issues to be concerned with. RROD anyone? I’ve personally been through 2 Xbox 360s myself and EVERY single person I know who has an Xbox has had to send it in at least once.
So what about the games?
I could go on and on about how Sony has the better exclusives. Naughty Dog comes to mind but in the end it’s kind of all about the games and that comes down to personal preference. Third party games like Call of Duty, Watchdogs, Assassins Creed will probably more or less the same on both systems. Some may argue one is better if you stare at the screen or run side by side comparisons of lighting and shading but who really does that?
The Old Guy in Me Says
If you look back on most of my articles, you’ll notice that I tend to play more on my Xbox 360. It’s true, I love it. I have both systems but only play my the PS3 for the exclusives. However, it looks like this will be the year I’ll be just like Microsoft and do my own 180. That is, the PS4 will be my primary console and the Xbox One will be only for the exclusives (Yes I’ll probably still get both because I am a gamer right?).
Microsoft really f’d up at E3 and has continued misstep along the way. I really don’t trust them at all at the moment. Their arrogance at attempting such ridiculous policies knowing their would be huge backlash rubbed me the wrong way. In the end, I just want to sit on my couch and game. The PS4 will do that for me. Obvious troll post is Obvious. I’m out.