The Battlefield series is back, but they’re taking the action away from the battlefield, and moving it to the mean Miami streets.
Taken from Wikipedia:
Battlefield Hardline features new variety of gameplay that breaks away from the traditional Battlefield game modes. The focus of the game has been shifted to police and the “war on crime”, breaking away from the military setting that has hitherto characterized the series. As such, the main factions in Hardline are the police Special Response Units and criminals.
– Genre : First Person Shooter
– Single Player : YES
– Multiplayer : YES
– Co-op : NO
– Console Availability : PS4 & Xbox One
– DLC: YES
– Developer : Visceral Games
- Hallelujah! A functional, usable user interface that fixes what was wrong with previous Battlefield games
- Interesting, episodic single player mode that delivers action, crooked cop cliches, predictable twists and light exposition
- Pretty good graphics and cutscenes, with no noticeable slowdown or lag
- A few new additions to multiplayer and smaller maps give a fresher, faster Battlefield feel. You’ll love the new Hotwire mode if you like high speed action.
- Great load screens mimic news reports, complete with news tickers and a newscaster
- Single player arrests make the game almost too easy
- Squadding up is easier via the multiplayer menu, but it still needs tweaking
- Faster paced game types mean that some multiplayer matches end terribly if your team isn’t on point
- Some weird class balancing choices. The Enforcer class (formerly support) is useless for larger, outdoor maps until you unlock the longer range guns.
Old Guy in Me Says
If you loved Battlefield, then you’ll like this game if you can get over the premise.Visceral made a deliberate move to speed the game up. Maps are a bit smaller, which makes it easier to get in on the action.
The single player has come under a bit of fire for focusing on police violence at a time when it’s a hot topic. But if you look at it as a predictable 80’s cop movie in the vein of Steven Segal’s Hard to Kill or Stallone’s Cobra, then you’ll be able to appreciate this game.