Like most of you, I get asked all the time “what guns do you use?”. For this Quick Tip, we are going to talk about the guns. In every Call of Duty game, there’s always a few over powered guns that the majority of players end up using. Also not that in a close quarter 1 v 1 situation, rate of fire is almost always king. To level the playing field we have to rely on some other tactics and tricks.
Is it cheap? Yeah maybe but why put yourself at a disadvantage. It’s hard enough playing this twitch based shooter against kids who are younger, faster and have better hand eye coordination then us.
Note that some of these guns might get nerfed by InfinityWard at some point but for now, you should consider having a few of these as part of your class setups.
Type 95 with Rapid Fire (Primary Assault)
Great gun if you are good with 3 burst weapons and a good choice for the larger size maps or ones with long corridors or flanking positions.
- It’s pretty much a one burst kill in most situations
- No need for Kick Proficiency since it’s already a burst weapon
- Rewards players who are accurate and quick at targeting
- Good for medium to large size maps
- Good for “campy” play styles
- Decent at long range
- Poor iron sights
- Not great in close quarter combat
- No room for error in a 1 v 1 match up
- Not idea choice for the run and gunner
PP90M1 (Primary Submachinegun)
Great gun for smaller maps with lots of close quarter combat areas. Has lots of power and high rate of fire.
- Dominates close quarters
- Hip fire is accurate and allows you to spray n’ pray
- High rate of fire
- Low/manageable recoil with Kick Proficiency
- Good iron sight
- Not great long range
- Run out of ammo quickly due to high rate of fire and the spray n’ pray factor
Guns that are most likely glitches that will be fixed by InfinityWard
CM901 with either shotgun or grenade launcher attachment (Primary Assault)
You can also dual attach with Red Dot or Silencer but the key is that you mush equip the shotgun or grenade launcher. WoodysGamertag has recently proved that by adding this combination, the rate of fire increase from 666 to 750, coupling with it’s high damage, makes the CM901 a very powerful assault rifle.
Akimbo FMG9s (Secondary Machine Pistols)
Recognized by the community as overpowered and cheap, they are effective at the moment with great range and high rate of fire. They are devastating against almost all guns and are actually one of the better ways to handle Juggernauts. Expect them to be nerfed by InfinityWard at some point but right now, have fun with them!